That question has become as difficult for me as "Where are you from?" What does that mean? Where was I born? Where have I spent most of my life? What place do I most identify with? Where did I live most recently, before this place where we've just met? I don't know. How do other people answer this question?
So...where do I live? I live wherever my little trailer happens to be, which, as you know, is currently on a beach in Mexico. How long will I be here? I don't know. Where will I go next? I don't know. Should I stay here until my savings is gone or go back to the US of A before then and look for a job, do the responsible thing? I don't know.
"I don't know" has become my mantra. I think that's okay but I really don't know. Would it be better if I were clear about what I want, my intentions, my desires? Maybe, but so far not knowing has worked out pretty darn good. For instance, I ended up here on a whim, "here" being this trailer park on the Sea of Cortez:
In the past I didn't know how to dream big and so I don't think I could have imagined this current life of mine. Going with the flow, allowing myself to do what feels right, being open to new people, ideas, situations, has changed me in so many ways...
I am not a wealthy ex-pat, or a retired old fart, or a trust fund baby. If I can do this, anyone can. That is my message to you. Live your life now. Do not wait. Dream - big or small, it doesn't matter - then follow that dream. You never know where it may take you.
No comments:
Post a Comment