Thursday, February 19, 2009

...in the meantime

I am not doing that well with people. The other night at the 11:11 club I went off on a rather bizarre riff. I attacked The Yoga Teacher for kicking The Landlord's dog (that really pisses me off--and everyone else, too--but when I brought it up the dog's owner backed down). Then I mentioned to the Other Tenant that it was interesting that she finally came out of her trailer to smoke pot when her boyfriend was gone. I was just stating a fact. No...I was being an asshole. The hypocrisy makes me nuts.

I figured that if The Landlord brought up my behavior today I would quote William Hurt in "The Big Chill": I was just trying to keep the conversation lively. Or something like that.

It's that old "familiarity breeds contempt." Or at least I think that's what it is. People make me nuts. I'm tired of the same old stories. I'm tired of the drama. I'm tired of the bravado. I'm just tired of people.

And I want to be in a relationship? I guess I need an attitude adjustment. You can't expect someone to love you if you don't love others, blah blah blah. Puh-lease. (I think I need a cynical bastard to match my cynical bitch.)

No comments: