Monday, March 16, 2009

back on the sea of cortez

People keep asking if I'm happy to be back and I honestly don't know what to say. Yeah, I guess. The thing is, I didn't want to stay where I was and I didn't know where to go. So I came back here. The first time I've ever gone back to a place once I left. Ever.

I am happy the towing is behind me. The drive wreaked havoc on my trailer. The pipe to the toilet sprung loose and now I have a leak. I have to find a plumber who is small enough to fit in my bathroom. A plumber with itty-bitty hands who can get to the errant pipe.

All in all I like my new space, the screened-in porch and locking bodega. I like having all my shit out of the van.

Sadly, I've been here since Saturday and still haven't gone to the beach. It took me two days to get settled and then I worked all day today. Plus, there have been numerous parties to attend. A bunch of snowbirds will fly north in a day or two so the park parties will die down a bit.

I don't know if I'm happy to be back in Mexico. I think so. Give me a few days and I'll let you know for sure.

1 comment:

junemoon said...

Glad to hear that life is going well. What color are you painting your porch and does bouganvillea come in other colors than fuschia? Not that I don't love the deep hued fuschia, just curious. junemoon