Wednesday, June 27, 2007

mucho calor

I have never been more alone.

No child to look after
No man to fret over.
No girlfriends to meet for cocktails.

Fuck. This is truly a new experience for me, a woman who cherishes her alone time, but, uh, this much? Now, when I'm bored, I have no local bar to run off to or a neighbor to visit. I can't go to the trailer park office and chat with the owner, or her daughter, or play with the great-grandbaby.

And it's so hot...too hot to walk on the beach.

So I'm closed up in a 20x8 foot space with the AC running on high.

2 comments:

stefany said...

I would have to pretend I were in India or something and some guru suggested solitude. I could attempt that kind of alone-ness if it were for something REALLY important. Like God. Otherwise I would high tail it back to AZ.
XO, darling daughter

Annette said...

dd, you are so smart. i view this as a combo retreat/spanish immersion class/fat farm. ohhhhmmmmmm