Where to start?
In an effort to keep this brief, suffice it to say that at dinner last night I held true to my desire to be gracious, no matter what. I didn't roll my eyes when the Giant Gringo said that Lucia's beautiful teenaged daughter loved him...."She loves me," he said, "and I'm 50 years older than she is." My interpretation is that she tolerates him as he grabs her and forces her to kiss him on the cheek. But I might be wrong. I didn't let out a groan when with every drink he drank I got more beautiful. "You are one muy bonita senorita." Shit, just writing that makes me groan.
But I did do one of the rudest things I think I've ever done.
I left him sitting at the table while I went and joined two other men. I left him to pay the bill, not even offering to get the tip. I stayed at the bar with the two men as I thanked him for dinner. What a bitch.
You see, the meal was over and I saw this man come in who I had met before. I met him when he was with a man I thought might be my soul mate or true flame or whatever. That other man was a man whose resemblance to The Jailbird was so striking that it made my heart leap in my chest. We finally met and chatted and upon talking with him I knew he was the one for me. He had just bought a house here and so I looked forward to running into him on his next trip to Mexico.
Come to find out from the friend, my true flame just married a Mexican woman. Dang it.
But I rallied from this devastating news and ended up going to see the motel these guys (my true flame's friend and his friend) were staying in, meet the motel owner who treated us to shots of tequila, and then going over to the puta bar to dance.
My true flame's friend is very good looking. He is a very good dancer. And he is a Buddhist. Could he be my true flame? I doubt it. I think my allure (and probably my karma) lies more in the eyes of Giant Gringos with Giant Purple Bellies.
Friday, February 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I don't know, Antonia, maybe it was rude that you left Purple Belly GG to pay the bill while you chatted up two other guys but really it sounds to me more like good sense. I really hope the dinner and the champagne were yummy at least.
You do live a fun and ineresting life. Is the Buddhist fellow good looking? Although your last sentence of your post made me laugh, I still want you to take it back or as my dear friend (the one I keep losing) used to say 'take it back and blow it back out to become a field of daisies' as I am most certain that your allure and your karma are not in line with PBGG. junemoon
junemoon, are you in dissertation-avoidance mode?
well, to be honest, i am very popular with short fat blond dogs :o)
Well I figure being popular w/short fat dogs of any color sounds better than PBGG. Okay. Okay. I know every person has their plus'es and minus'es...
As for disertation avoidance, I am the Queen. But actually I am taking a day or two while the committee marks up my first draft of the last two chapters. Of course, there's plenty of other stuff I could be doing w/the dissertation - appendices, clinical vignettes, etc. etc. but hey, a dissertation writing woman deserves a break, right? Plus, it's more fun to read interesting blog posts and engage in commentary dialogue :) junemoon
Post a Comment