Wednesday, August 13, 2008

ewww eeeek aaargh

God, could someone just take me out into the desert and shoot me? Put an end to my misery? Jesus Christ.

What, you ask, is causing this drama? Fucking bug bites. Or spider bites. That's what.

I forgot how buggy monsoon season is. These creatures that are biting me, they're freaking me out. I don't think they're mosquitoes because I think I'd hear them or see them or feel them sting. It's something in my bed, I think. Something that likes my face, my neck, my eyes. I look like a fucking meth addict with my eyes swollen shut and sores all over my face. And not only that but I have blisters in the underside of my upper lip like from the venom or something. It looks like I've had a bad collagen injection.

And not only do the bites itch like a mother but they ooze... 'nuff said.

The clinic here can't get me in till next week. So I have an appointment for 8 in the morning at the clinic in another little town somewhere. There I'll sign up for Arizona's health plan which will be a good thing beings as I've been without health insurance for almost four years.

Anyway, I can't tell you how many meth addicts I've met who blame their oozing sores on spider bites. I'm not kidding--do an Internets search on spider bites and meth sites will show up. So right here and now I'm swearing on a bible, I am not a meth addict. But the next time a tweaker shows me a spider bite, real or not, I'm going to have a little more sympathy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever had chicken pox?

Annette said...

hola mi amigo ricardo! como esta? been surfin'?

yes, i had chicken pox and believe me, the horror of that experience came back to me. went to the doc today...she says they're ant bites which means ants are in my bed. but i've not seen hide nor hair of the little beasts.

hands down, when it comes to bugs, portland is the place to be. except for the occasional mosquito. and those carnivore bees (forgot about them). and an occasional no-see-um.

Anonymous said...

I guess it is better than ants in your pants!

We're loving the Portland summer but you'll have it on us when winter and the never-ending spring rolls around.

Adios bonita amiga

Anonymous said...

hola - I hope you're in full recovery by now and have eliminated the little buggers at home. I love that there are few bugs here: spiders I don't mind; the yellow jackets and bald-faced wasps I avoid.
d