Thursday, August 21, 2008

how green is my desert

Does this look like the desert to you?

This is kind of a composite photo of where I live...sticking my trailer among the roses and behind the cemetery sign that will one day mark the entrance to this place, The Landlord's trailer park.

This does not look like the desert and therein lies my problem. Well, not a problem really but why I don't feel that this is my home. It's not deserty enough although I have to admit that when I went to Tucson today--where it was 103 degrees--I was glad to come here where it was only 90 degrees. And green.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

antonia my dear - i just caught up on a bunch of your posts - all wonderful. I haven't been blawgging myself much but I have been getting bug-bitten so I can relate! I even found a gigantic Tailess Whip Scorpion nestled in my toilet paper roll - scared the crap out of me, literally! hope your bites have healed. peace : ), charlotte