I'm a little nervous about living in such a dangerous town. These items are from the Police Beat in the local newspaper:A woman accidentally locked six javelina in her yard. She requested an officer to open the gate so that they could leave.
A vehicle stopped was found to contain two UDAs [UnDocumented Aliens] who were turned over to Border Patrol.
Graffitti was reported at the YWCA and Central School.
Diamond earrings valued at about $7,000 were left behind at the ____ Hotel. Police went to the hotel, located the earrings and arranged to have them shipped to the Tucson woman who had left them behind.
A dark and light brown wooden guitar made for a small child was found and placed in the police lost and found.I will factor in these rampaging javelinas and lost guitars as I ponder whether or not to stay here. I haven't had much opportunity this past week to get acclimated because setting up the trailer, buying a grill and searching for a new sewer hose have taken up most of my time. I will say that I am back to that feeling-lonely state. After the arrival of the snowbirds in Mexico and all the socializing they brought, followed by my return to the US and a week spent with two friends, I am once again cast adrift in my trailer known as a Land Yacht. There are only a few of us at this park and so I don't see this as a source of community. I'm a little worried about the town-folk because for the most part they seem to be old hippies. In Mexico I met a man (old hippie) who lives here and he called the other day, inviting me to his yoga class and did I want to help out at the homeless shelter? At the food co-op across the street (which I absolutely LOVE!) there are nothing but hippies, hippies and more hippies. Like lesbians, I have nothing against hippies, I have been called a hippie, but variety is the spice of life. Where are the bikers, the crack ho's, the tweakers, the mine workers and cowboys and teepee-dwelling jailbirds?
All of a sudden, The Home of Dashed Hopes is looking better and better. I'm feeling homesick for the place. (Sorry mom, just when you thought I was on the road to sanity...)
3 comments:
Hey Antonia ~ I hear you about the lonely deal and the wanting/needing variety in people deal too. Either deal can feel tough and the two together, tougher. I am sending you non-hippie (although I used to totally aspire to be a hippie but most of them were White and didn't think a brown Korean could be a hippie) vibes in this comment.
I hope you were able to locate a new sewer hose. junemoon
junemoon, now that you mention it, i have rarely seen a brown hippie and never a hippie who looked korean or chinese or east indian or .... so much for all-encompassing hippiedom.
OMG, that sewer hose! here is one of those gross jobs usually left to the men. you buy a hose but then you have to connect it to the sewer connectors you already have because a) new ones cost more than you want to spring for and b) they usually don't fit your trailer. after dislodging the old hose you have to work and work to get the new hose on. you have to give up on wearing plastic gloves because they get in the way and you can't get a good grip. however, if you've been lucky enough to be reading eckhart tolle, you take a deep breath and say "i accept this situation" and then go wash your hands in bleach.
Antonia ~ I don't care what tolle says, I say I big eeeeewwwww to the old sewer hose situation =) junemoon
Post a Comment