Tuesday, April 8, 2008

should i stay or should i go?

I'm not making a decision until my psychic phone consultation on Friday. That's right, I'm leaving it up to some turbanned 1-900 first 10 minutes free psychic line psychic. Not really. This psychic was referred by my friend and I trust her recommendation because my friend is not some goofy new age chick but a responsible, hard-working (until her recent retirement), highly intelligent and well-read woman. I'll let you know how it goes.

Today I donned a semi-respectable looking-for-work outfit - jean skirt and blouse - but still kept my feet in flip-flops because I don't own any other shoes. I picked up an application at the local hospital in the hope that they might need a medical transcriptionist (part-time) of which I was in a former life. I've also looked into getting DSL in case I want to do transcription online.

The local Department of Economic Security closed up due to a lack of jobs (bad sign) but I did get a web address in order to do an online job search.

I went to the town's fabulous library. Because I've just boxed up a bunch of books to sell, I've vowed to be a better library user. Also, this library has a huge supply of DVDs. I really loved the place. I wonder if they have any job openings.

But I can't get a library card until I bring in proof of a local address. The post office is next door to the library but I held off getting a local P.O. Box until....until I talk with that psychic on Friday.

Whatever happens, today I'm feeling good about being here. I like living in a town. I like the local saloons. I like the food co-op. I like the blue skies. I like the bead store owner. I'm still unsure about fitting in, finding a community but, hey, that's what the psychic is for.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait til you post about your psychic reading on Friday. I have seen a psychic (multiple times) in person but only tried it once telephohically. The telephonic one wasn't a good experience, rather traumatizing really, but I would not put any stock in one ignorant stupid and rude person. Particularly when your psychic comes highly recommended.

I could use an excellent psychic reading right about now. I am sending you lots of positive vibes for an insightful and helpful reading. junemoon

Anonymous said...

Have your cards on hand in case she wants you to draw a card or two. You may come up with the king of wands and she can explain the significance. Still in blizzard country (yikes! April!). Be glad you're where you are for the time being. d

Anonymous said...

Got a bounceback from your email. Hope all is well. Let me know and I'll re-send the message. d