"Finally I can breathe." I was going to start this post that way but everyone kind of beat me to the punch: Nora Ephron, Oprah, practically every single one of my friends.
I couldn't bear to blog until the election was decided. I didn't want to get snarly and irate. Besides, I didn't have much time what with my newfound addiction to Huffington Post and other more liberal sites.
So, whew! That's over and now it's back to normal life. Normal life like The Landlord getting shot in the head by a nail gun. His partner did it by accident. A 3" nail lodged in The Landlord's head just behind his ear. Apparently his partner was beside himself and useless in this time of crisis but The Landlord was rather calm. He said that as much as they tried not to, hospital personnel could not keep from laughing when they saw him. Maybe he'll let me post one of the photos of the nail in his head that was taken by our new tenant.
Let's see, what else? Javelina wreaked havoc as they roved through our place like a band of horned thugs, knocking over everything in their paths, banging against the bottom of my trailer (certainly they didn't need to go underneath), and then finally refusing to leave The Landlord's porch. God, they're brazen beasts.
So it's back to blogging time. I notice that a bunch of my friends also took a blogging hiatus and I hope they're back at it, too.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I will say up front that I am happy that we may have overcome a psychological barrier that has been in effect my entire life. Hopefully it will move the bar up a bit and we can get beyond a literal black and white view of the world. However, I'm going to take a chance and rain on the parade just a bit.
You have basically the same cast of characters running things. Bush vetoed something like two pieces of legislation in 8 years. I hope one new man at the top can change that bunch of clowns but I'm not too hopeful
Hola Ricardo... I don't know, I've been pretty cynical all my adult life when it comes to politics. All I can do is hope. I'm just glad that we have a new decider :o)
BTW, I checked...Bush vetoed 10 bills in total (the lowest no. in the past 200 years) but only one before the dems took control of congress in january '07. I guess that inspired him to do some more vetoing.
I'm glad you're back, Antonia. Besides my addiction to HuffPo, I'm also addicted to you. I hope your landlord is doing okay. How scary is that? And javelinas? I had a raccoon in the kitchen the other day. That was wild enough for me! d
dg, i thought about you and your raccoon. raccoons can be pesky and dangerous to small animals (and small toys) so keep your cats safe.
the other day a woman up near phoenix was out jogging when a rabid fox attached itself to her arm. she managed to run a mile to her car, dislodge the fox, throw him in the trunk, and take him along with her to the hospital.
wildlife gone crazy.
a rapid fox? jesus criminy! I think I'd opt for the nail gun.
Post a Comment