Sunday, September 2, 2007

henriette

I wonder if Henriette will be true to her computer models and visit us, unlike Dean who pooped out before he got here.

My neighbors, The Texan Couple, have me a bit worried. They have tied down their trailer so it will withstand high winds. They have also removed things from underneath their trailer should they need to make a quick get-away. Oh-oh. The thing is, if we do need to get the hell outta here, I can't leave till they do because I'm parked behind them. That's not true exactly...I could get some of the nice men who work here to push my trailer out into the road so that I can back the van up to her. I guess I should get my hitch out of my friend's bodega and attach it to the van JUST IN CASE.

Here's the weird thing. Before I even thought about living by water I had a dream about living in a trailer park by water and we were awaiting the approach of a tsunami. I told The Jailbird about the dream because he was in it. "We could see the swells getting bigger from where we sat on a hill above the trailer park. We just sat there and watched as all the people began moving their trailers out but we decided to leave my trailer there - and yours too - because we felt safe. So we watched as everyone left and just our two trailers remained. Then I looked at you and said 'maybe we should hook our trailers to our tow vehicles JUST IN CASE'. We did. The storm missed us and we were okay and we were glad we had stayed."

I remember that dream so clearly even though I didn't write it down. I guess because I had repeated it to The Jailbird. When I moved into this trailer park, the dream came back to me whole and intact.

Anyway, if I have to leave quickly, I'll leave the trailer behind, grab my one and only piece of artwork, my laptop, clothes, books and 'Mexican yunke'. It will all fit in the van rather nicely. I don't think - in a deep down gut level - that abandoning ship (or the park) will be necessary but that dream does linger...and now I'm living by water and a tropical storm may be headed this way. I take these things seriously. Sort of.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

What dreams may come?

Interesting....

stefany said...

Adios Mio