Wednesday, October 31, 2007

last halloween

Last Halloween was not a good one as far as my relationship with the Jailbird went. He was doing meth big time...especially big time on this night. Of course, I didn't know it. Figured he was being an asshole when he was actually being a methed-up asshole.

The thing about the Jailbird is that he is a creative devil. He can do just about anything. He can paint cowboys and indians on the side of a teepee. He can grease up wheel bearings and install rotors. He can dig ditches and ride horses. He can create something from nothing as he did with his Halloween costume. Of course when you already have the bare essentials - gun, boots, hat - there's not a lot you have to add on.

He went bar-hopping with The Navajo. He was in character. The Navajo was the willing sidekick, his very own Tonto. The Jailbird put his (thank God phony) gun to The Navajo's head and shouted to the barmaid "Give us two whiskeys or this injun dies." Funny at first, or so I gathered when I heard the story the next day, but carried over the top and in quick order they were kicked out of that bar. On to the next one where I think they were kicked out before they barely got started.

So they came back to the park. Turned up the boombox to super high volume. Woke me from a sound sleep. I tore over there like a banshee released from the depths of hell, yanked the boombox's cord from the outlet, said "You are the most inconsiderate bastard I've ever met." Hrrrmphed back to my trailer. Whereupon, true to form, he appeared at my window all "honey, why'd you do that?" and "come on and have some beers with me and the injun" and the next day I woke up thinking "what an asshole and thank god my channeler broke our karmic tie" although it wasn't totally broke. Which is obvious.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So does JB in your thoughts more now that his possible release date grows nearer?

Relationships are funny things - complicated and usually full of contradictions. And I mean relatinonships of any kind - family, friends, lovers, ex-lovers, or lovers that deny/escape a label.

How did your all-inclusive altar turn out? junemoon

Annette said...

the journal i'm writing in, junemoon, begins in october of last year so i've had a good time re-reading entries which correspond to this year's dates. i don't think the JB is in my thoughts any more than usual. altho i do look forward to his first phone call. just to see...

my all-inclusive altar isn't very creative but i'll snap a photo and post it. i'll also shoot the disser chime. and i will follow your lead and list the items i'd like on an altar to me once i'm gone, should there ever be one (stef?).

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your all-inclusive altar! and I am excited to see your disser chimes!!

I am sick for the second day in a row - stomach ailments and headache that I can't shake. Stress induced I think... I hate being sick. junemoon